duminică, 12 februarie 2012

3 tips for better illustrations


Hey, there! :)

As promised, I am here with something worth reading (or at least, this is my opinion). Last week was so exhausting and I didn't have the time to create/write something. So, here I am with 3 tips for better illustrations.

I'll be sharing tips from my own, personal experience. They may not be the best, but the tips I am sharing tought me important lessons. Here they are:
  1. Keep a sketchbook. It doesn't really matter if you keep a sketchbook or just carry some sheets of paper with you. The idea is that you should write down your ideas and constantly work on improving your skills. It's important for you to develop a habit (a good one, actually).
  2. Watch. Always, always try new techniques, textures and patterns. In order to do this, you have to watch people, movements, objects and everything that surrounds you. Life itself is an inspiration.
  3. Do it your way. Well, this simple reminder is speaking itself. I know and I agree that there are hard times - creative blocks, routine and tiredness, but being inspired does not mean being a thief. I know those are big words, but let's just do it our way : see, be inspired and create your own concept, your own, personal idea. More importantly, you'll be satisfied with yourself and your work of art. You are you. Don't forget that :)
Well, I really hope you enjoyed these three tips :) If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I love and appreciate each and every comment!

2 comentarii:

  1. Hi, Larisa!
    I really enjoyed reading these awesome tips, your paintings are very inspiring, I admire you.
    These tips could be easily applied to photography as well: carry your camera with you everywhere, watch to be inspired, be yourself :)

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  2. These are great tips!! And I definitely agree with Vera! they can apply to a few different things! Wonderful! :)

    RăspundețiȘtergere

Thank you so much for writing a comment! I read and appreciate each and every comment I get!